The Werewolf Game

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunger Games Rules

Kambing
    Kambing
    The Messenger of Heaven
    The Messenger of Heaven

The Hunger Games Rules Empty The Hunger Games Rules

Post by Kambing Sun May 06, 2012 7:49 am

The Hunger Games

As Tributes representing your District after the Great War, You are to Fight it out to the death against the other 11 Districts for Pride and Glory. Only one Tribute will remain at the end with their hands covered in blood.

There are two game modes, Battle Royal or Bloodbath

Battle Royal
    At the start of the game, you will be placed at a random location in the arena. You will receive a Racksack containing at least a Weapon and an Item. If you have Purchased Items or Weapons from the store, You must PM the Referee in charge that you want to use these items. You will instead have these items inside your rucksack when you begin.

Bloodbath
    STORE PURCHASES WILL NOT BE IN PLAY IN THIS GAME MODE
    You Will start on the inside of the Cornucopio with the 11 other tributes. Here you will have to run to the centre and pick up a single rucksack with numbers ranging from 1-8. Each rucksack will contain a different weapon and item. But be aware that you can be killed during this initial phase. If you are too slow, you will not obtain a rucksack and the chances of survival will decrease.

How the bloodbath works is that you must PM me a Number from 1-8 once you have taken a rucksack and its contents you may PM me a District Number telling me your target to attack. However, Attacking will lower your move points by half, you can use your remaining move points after the attack but be aware you can still be attacked when you are attacking another person or when you are fleeing after an attack. You may choose to flee the area with full move points if you pick up a rucksack and do not attack, though you may still be attacked. If you flee without taking a rucksack then you can not be attacked.

The game will proceed as normal after this initial stage.

Cornucopiapio
    This is a large open area usually located at the centre of the arena. Tributes can not view inside the Cornucopia unless they are either inside or 1 square outside the Cornucopia. In the centre various weapons and items can be found, after a few phases special items or needed items will be available to be picked up from the centre.

Crossing the Cornucopia will take 3 Move Points.

Armour
    You must choose a set of Protective Clothing before you begin, Either Cotton, Leather or Metal Padded Armour. Be aware that different armour will affect your movement points as well as your Base Defense Stat.

Cotton (Light Armour) - 6 Move Points/ 5 Base Defense
    Leather (Normal Armour) - 4 Move Points/ 8 Base Defense
    Metal Padded (Heavy Armour) - 3 Move Points/ 11 Base Defense

To perform an action, you must PM me during each time phase (Which will go for a 48 hours in real time). There are 4 Time Phases, Dawn, Noon, Dusk, Evening.

Rules:

- You can only carry two pieces of equipment.

You can only have one Weapon at a time, but you can have two Items at a time.

For Example:

Kit 1

Weapon
    Item

Kit 2
    Item
    Item

Certain Store Purchases can give you extra item OR weapon slots.

- You can only move four squares with normal armour
    - 6 With Light Armour
    - 3 with Heavy Armour.
    - You can PM other users. This is form alliances and/or to deceive other tributes

Important
    - Your eyes can see everything in an area of 5x5 squares with you being in the center square, beyond which you won't see as good. Your view can and will be blocked by the environment. Certain items will give you extra attributes for vision. Certain events can cause your vision to weaken. The Terrain and weather will also Enhance or Hinder your vision.

During Evening Phases. Vision will be reduced by 2 (3x3 Squares). Certain Items will prevent this.

-Firebombing, Firebombing is the process where the outsides of the map are taken ("Firebombed") out of the field of play. This is to increase the chances of tributes coming to contact with each other, change the terrain and create a more interesting game overall. If you are in a square that will be firebombed during a phase change, you will be moved horizontally or vertically to the closest playable square.

Actions:

- Move

Move (four squares maximum, L-shapes, Z-shapes around in circles is allowed). You Can not stop in water, moving across water will get you to the other side but this will take up 3 Move Points. Again Certain Items can enhance Movement.

- Attack

Attacks with your weapon, items in your environment or with your bare hands (If you are carrying two items. This can be done if another tribute comes into your field of vision. See weapon attributes for victory or defeat chances. You can either attack before moving (If someone is in your square) or after moving. Attacking will take up one turn. Moving to attack or attacking is done before moving. After attacking you can use any remaining move points to ESCAPE.

After a successful kill, You will not be able to move. However, you will be able to loot and swap your equipment with the dead enemy. For example, you

- Use

Uses an item. Can be used before or after a move. However, you cannot use an Item and then attack and Vice Versa. Your Turn will end after an Item is used.

Battling

Victory or Defeat in battles is determined by attack stats of weapons and defense stats of armour + defense stat of weapon held. An Instant kill can be achieved if a Weapon's attack stat is higher than the target's armour defense stat. For Example

A Sword With 12 Attack will kill an Enemy with 7 Defense. However, A Sword with 7 Attack will reduce a target with 12 defense to 43% Health. This is done by Division. 12/7 is greater than 1 which means a kill. 7/12 is 0.57, therefore reducing the target's health by 57%

You will receive a PM saying something like this:

Quote: I Send
    You are on G23. It is raining whilst, Your vision has been cut down by 1 square You're in the middle of a dense forest, You do not see any threats around you.

Quote: You reply
    Move south to G25.

Quote: I Reply
    You are on G25. It is still raining, You have come out of the forest to a small grass field. You can clearly see another tribute armed with a sword at F28. Do you choose to Stay or attack? You have Two Move points left.

Quote: You Reply

Attack with Crossbow from F26 and attack target (This means the player would've have moved across to F25 to F26 and then shoot the bolt)

Quote: I reply

Due to poor visibility (Rain) accuracy has dropped 25%.
    Target Successfully Hit in Right Arm, Target's Right arm is Unusable. Target has dropped weapon. Turn has Ended

This means the target hasn't been killed, But they have an unusable right arm and in this case the player can not use their weapon in their preferred hand.

--

This is an open game. Meaning: use your imagination. As long a it makes sense, I accept any action you PM me. For example, If you were in a desert surrounding, you can Reply with "Throw Sand at Enemy" before attacking. This means the enemy will be blinded and the chances of a kill increased.

But if you were in the snow and you said "Throw Sand at Enemy" I will just reply with

"Dafuq?"

Also, only PM me with the action, because my inbox will be constantly full. This thread will be used for updates and commenting, so post your doubts here.

More to be updated, these are just general rules. Not the final product.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm